Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Virginia View Challenge #12: shaker cards

I've stumbled across this challenge and felt inspired.  I love making shaker cards, but it seems one out of 2 (at least) of the cards I made the last couple of years is a shaker, so I try to stay away from them a little ;-)
Anyway this was a good excuse to make another lol
to see details of the challenge click here 
I've started with some normal cardstock and 3 colors of Distress inks ( squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon and picked raspberry)

then added my go to splatters ( Distress spary stain in brushed pewter, dylusions ink spray white, gold glitter spray and a red  shimmer mist from Colours Unlimited )
 I;ve die cut a heart window, lined it with foam and acetate, added sequins, confetti and glitter in shades alike to the front panel.
the purple glitter hearts cover up a boo boo, they were not intentional ;-) 
stamped the sentiment  Love you  from Technique Tuesday (say it- love you) with black Staz-on. it didn't stamp perfectly cos of the muddles background, but I like that, it adds to the distressed look.

1 comment:

  1. Love the intensity of the colors!!!! GREAT job on putting this gorgeous card together! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete