Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sparkle and shine challenge blog: challenge #1


For the first challenge of this awesome new blog, the inspiration picture is this clover.
I see good luck, green and  circles a herringbone or chevron pattern on the leaves, shadwons due to dimensions, so that's how my card came about.
I die cut a piece of white cardstock with stackable circles in various sizes.
I stamped the sentiment (dutch for good luck) on vellum with Staz-on.
I inked the backpanel with all kinds of green Distress inks. Infact I've done the whole panel even though there aren't  holes everywhere and so some colours were lost, but I know they're there ;-).
With Aleene's fast grab glue I've added a ton of sequins, and honestly I know a lot of the ones I own are from Pretty Pink Posh, but I have others too and I never labeled the containers they all live in, happily together; sorry about that. 
The front panel is raised with mini foam squares.

For more info on this challenge see this



















4 comments:

  1. Love this! THe distress inks looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maaike! I love the way you used all of those circles and then incorporated the sequins! Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle & Shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! I love how you used all different shades of green and the sequins are the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkle & Shine! :)

    ReplyDelete