Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Less is more challenge #220: up up and away

For the Less is more #220 challenge I created a scene with balloons.
At first I used a different sentiment and stamped it in blue and then drew the strings of the balloons in with a black Sharpie and that ruined it :-(...it was too stark and too busy.
I then started  another card and stamped some bears on clouds with no line colouring method...blah...
I then returned to this and I like it now...I just wasn't a happy bunny today I guess, because another card for another project also took a few runs...anyway:

I made a stencil for the balloons by diecutting circles and then cutting out the little tail things by hand.
I sponged Distress inks into the openings, making the bottom darker.
I mounted the Happy birthday curved onto my block so it looks  like it's waving in the wind.

I've added Wink of stella and glossy accents on top of each balloon. Die cut some puffy clouds from Memory Box as if the balloons are up in the air.
Haven't added any embellishments as to keep it as CAS as possible and the glossy accents and Wink of stella are kind of my embellishments.

For more information on the Less is more challenge ,see this



10 comments:

  1. Very creative! Love how the balloons are floating behind the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun Maaike and I love how the clouds cover parts of the balloons as they float away. Brilliant.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love how you made your own balloon stencil. I think I'll try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! love the design of your card and those pretty coloured balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, i love how the clouds have 'eaten away' the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card!!! Like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is terrific Maaike, love those happy balloon strings!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, I love the clouds they create a wonderful effect.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks ladies, this means a lot to m e as I almost didn't upload it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maiike your card stands out from the thumbnails - your colour balance is gorgeous and your card looks amazing!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete