Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge #3: photo inspiration

Looking at the inspiration picture for this Sparkle and SHine challenge, I see, pinks, yellow, bunnies, flowers, confetti like jellie beans and chevrons, which I wanted to use at first for the background  mat, but felt this pretty flowery patterend paper had  all the colors I used on the focus panel. 
The main image is from Lili of the Valley (toadstool for two) and I colored it with Peerless watercolors.
I know a toadstool isn't pink and yellow but I wanted to capture the pink tulips and yellow bunnies. So i went on the imaginatory side ;-) To complement and actually contrast the background I made an orange bunny and then a purple lady which again contrasts with the orange, so it all pops.
Loads of sequins and a few flower punhed things, not sure what they're called.
Wink of stella and Aleene's paperglaze on the yellow spots of the mushroom. I use Aleene's fast grab glue for the sequins, it's ideal. thought about adding some green twine as well , like the photo has, but I thought this was quite enough ;-)

For more info on the Sparkle and Shine challenge, see this


4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very sweet! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkle & Shine Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colorful bunnies!!!!

    ReplyDelete