Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2015

the Friday Mash Up #205: let's get sketchy

For this Friday mash up #205 I created a kind of under water scene. It's my second attempt and I scrapped the first one.
I started with the same paper, then cut it in half with a wavy pattern scissor. Stamped with Staz-on and then pencelled in white and then color...nope not it.

I started again, deciding I would make the divide from the sketch with the Orange string only, because the paper is graduated it kind of looks like two pieces, but it's all one one level.
I've made a stencil of bubbles by die cutting a bunch of circles in a random pattern.
I've used Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste. I hope you can see the bubbles in the photo around/under the crab.
The crab and sentiment are watercolored and mounted with foam for dimension.

For more information on this Friday mash up, see this


3 comments:

  1. I love your little crab and the bubbles, I didn't know there is translucent embossing paste... learned something new. :) thanks for sharing at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, I love the little crab and bubbles!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love that little crabby :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete