Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Virginia Views's challenge #14: layers and dimension

For this Virginia View's Challenge I made a lovely little scene, just outside a big busy town you can find these little idyllic pastures.
I've painted and fussy cut all the little critters and to be honest I don't think I will do so again, they are from the Spring stampset by Joy craft.
Made flowers from punched dots covered in glossy accents.
Coloured the critters with Peerless Watercolors and the darkest grass banks are made with Distress inks (peacock feathers and cracked pistachio).
The sentiment on vellum is stamped with Staz on and is from Simon says stamp tilted banner set, so is the banner die.  The clouds and city are Memory Box dies.
For more info on this Virgina View's challenge, see this

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, where is idyllic pasture? I want to be there right .now. ! What a happy and joyful scene that you created! The layering and dimensions are awesome, Maaike! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge! So pleased that you join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say: So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Layers and Dimensions” Challenge! I think you can enter SSS Wednesday challenge, too! http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-happy-birthday-3/

      Delete
  2. awww thanks Virginia, I like to make different cards for different challenges. I rarely combine them, make sme lazy ;-) lol made this one for SSS http://cardsbymaaike.blogspot.nl/2015/04/case-this-sketch-challenge-117.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this lil scene!!! I saw it on Virginia's View challenge blog and had to come over and see it!! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete