Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge: May photo inspiration

Sparkle and Shine Challenge: May photo inspiration.

I've finally, after 3 other tries decided this was the one.
At first I used a stamp and  wanted to watercolor it, wasn't really a tulip stamp, I think a leaf, but it resembles the lily shaped tulips I have in my garden.
Went rather well, wasn't impressed with myself, then added Victorian Velvet from Distress inks and it went brown...ruined...
Then I used a stencil (I made it with circles and oval dies) and traced it.
Watercoloured that, hmm flowers, sure..better...maybe...

Then I printed a tulip I made in Photoshop and watercolored that. on normal carstock.
Intending to fussy cut them and placing them in various directions on a card, better again.
BUT then this idea popped in my head, so made another version yet.
It's a very flat shaker card and hiding the tape behind the really thin lines was near impossible. But I'm happy with how it turned out.
Sentiment is from Joy craft (cherry blossom stampset).
All kinds of pink and silver sequins make up the shaker and  although it looks a bit red in the photo it's hot pink, I promise ;-)


For more information on the Sparkle and Shine challenge, see this

3 comments:

  1. Such a neat shaker card! I love how you filled the flower with sequins and those polka dots are so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkle and Shine Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tulip shaker!! So glad you played along with us at Sparkle and Shine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a creative shaker card! So lovely!:)

    ReplyDelete