Monday 15 June 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Don't cut, just paste

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Don't cut, just paste.

Isn't the title already such fun, you just want to get stuck in?
Well I thought so and stuck in ;-)

I've used the Simon Says Stamp Feathers die and
cut out a stencil for the feathers background.
To help me line up the die (which I didn't separate) I've stuck some gridded paper on the heavy cardstock.











Then Sponged the  feathers with Distress inks (mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers and a mix of twisted citron with cracked pistachio as just citron was too bright for me).
I've then mixed some fine white/iridescerent glitter with the Wendi Vecchi  translucent embossing paste, and slathered that over the stencil.

I've die cut the small hello from Simon Says stamp and feathers and foiled them with Wow foil and deco foil from Icraft/thermoweb.
Hung the feathers from the sentiment and glued it in place.
I've mounted the feathered panel with foam tape and sponged the card edges with mermaid lagoon.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


















2 comments:

  1. I really love how you did these feathers! I think it's great how they're two-toned and I also like the way you made the background feathers going horizontally with the die-cut feathers going vertically. Excellent work and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is oh so beautiful!!! I love your colorful feathers and your texture!
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete