Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge: sponsored by Pretty Pink Posh

Sparkle and Shine Challenge: sponsored by Pretty Pink Posh.

The inspiration photo shows an amazing ombre (wedding) cake.
I took that ombre effect for the background of my card and the big white flower on the top of the cake for an embellishment.
I've used vellum and layered lots of petals.
Used pearls and Pretty Pink Posh sequins for the flower heart.
the leaf is also vellum i colored with alcohol markers.

white heat embossed the sentiment as in the photo there's lots of white and a bit of silver.

Hardest part for me was waiting till this 9am to heat emboss, yesterday when working on the card it was midnight and I just couldn't make the noise, was tempted..it's only a few seconds...but I was good ;-)
First I tried sponging the background with Distress inks, but I chose 2 good ones and a third that ruined that background, then i opted for watercoloring but somehow ended up on using gradients of cardstock as I wanted the levels to be neat, the flower die (crate paper) is the only one I have. the sentiment is from Simon Says stamp.

For more information on the Sparkle and Shine Challenge, see this






7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a gorgeous card! I love how you used different shades of teal cardstock, and that vellum flower is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sparkle and Shine Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card...

    Thanks for the visit to my blog. Your support and kind comments are very much appreciated!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Great job with the ombre effect! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those graphic CS strips with the soft vellum. You should hook up at Virginia's View!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layered vellum flower over the ombre stripes! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors and your vellum flower! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete