Thursday 23 July 2015

Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesdays Challenge: diecutting

Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesdays Challenge: diecutting.

I've only used diecuts and some sequins and glue (ofcourse) to put this card together, no stamping.

I've used the Simon Says Stamp dies thanks on a line and my sunshine
and My favorite things die snowdrifts.

Aleene's fast grab tacky glue and Ranger Multi medium matte

rainbow cardstock

foam tape.



I've started  by cutting the waves with a snowdrift die, yes, why not? and the sun and rays and sentiment.
At first I wanted to mount the waves flush against each other so I diecut two sheets at the same time, so the curves would match up.
Then reckoned that would eat up my whole front panel, so layered them instead.
Kept the sky white to make the sun pop more and well it beats grey skies we have here most of the year  ;-)...blue today but that's lucky  lol
I love using Aleene's fast grab glue for sequins and paper alike, it's really thick and won;t warp the paper because of the low water content I guess.
I've used Ranger multi medium matte on the think thanks die because if any seeps out from underneath you won't see it.
I don't like to use multi medium matte on shiny objectes or cardstock, because is you have seepage then you will see the glue and it will render shiny sequins matte aswell.
Prefer gluedots if the sequins are big enough to hide one, if not Aleene's fast grab glue!
mounted the whole front panel( which is slightly smaller) on the cardbase with foam tape.



Fore more information on the Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesdays Challenge: see this



3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful use of die cuts and all that layering!! Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete