Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #113: texture

Lawnscaping Challenge #113: texture.

I started last night when I saw the challenge posted.
I used the Tim Holtz Holiday knit stencil to ink Distress inks through it. A homemade purple (similar to dusty concord) twisted citron, mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers and picked raspberry.
Then I applied Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste and let it dry overnight.
Then I cut out a circle out of it to make a window for the owl image.

As I wanted to use  all these colors I used an Avery Elle sentiment from the let it snow set.

I partially stamped that sentiment with Memento and I partially stamped the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn winter owl.

Avery Elle's said All I used the owl from Lawn Fawn to tie in my image, also from Winter owl set.
I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and used the blender to make snow. I then adhered it to the  "knitted" panel with tape.
A few skittles or moonstones, not sure what they're called as a dimensional embellishment.
Also used the Kairsercraft Distress stamp with  Wow! white pearl embossing powder on the cardbase. Hard to see as it's white on white and very hard to photograph, I wanted to add texture to the cardbase too.
Foam mounted the "knitted" panel to give another layer.



For more information on the Lawnscaping Challenge #113: texture, see this




4 comments:

  1. This is so striking!! I love the colors and textures! Somehow it felt WARM thanks to the textures on your design. BTW, did you know that you won the ton giveaway? Congrats!!!!!!!!!
    https://thetonstampsblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/giveaway-winners/#comments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to e-mail for the prize within 24 hours...so hurry!

      Delete
    2. oh thank you for the heads up, i forgot to check back silly me! thank you

      Delete
  2. Oh! Just love the colors and that background that reminds me of a christmas sweater!! Just lovely!!:)

    ReplyDelete