Tuesday 29 September 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Ombre

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Ombre.

For my card I made an Ombre effect by using the mini blending tools with Distress inks on Hotpressed smooth watercolor paper.
My ombre goes from Peacock feathers through broken china, tumbled glass, shaded lilac, seedless preserves to dusty concord.

I let it dry overnight and them sprayed it with Perfect pearl mist to blend it better (I wasn'' t happy with my blending) and to give it a glorious happy shimmer.

I've used the Simon Says Stamp Big hello die for the sentiment and various sequins and some punched out glitter butterflies. mounted the watercolored panel with foam tape and as it is narrower than the cardbase I used some silver glitter  tape for the edges, it's like washi tape, only glittery.

Sounds pretty simple? I made another 3 panels and didn't like the sponging at all, this was normal cardstock and usually I get a great blend, but is wasn't working for me this time,and I  don't know why.
see past cards: I wanted to make the patterned paper included in an Simon Says Stamp kit, last winter, I loved it so much I tried to replpicate it with my Distress inks as I didn't have the paper.




For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this



2 comments:

  1. All beautiful cards with the ombre effect! Thanks for joining us this week on the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp where it's all about Ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are gorgeous! the ombre from Peacock Feathers through to Seedless Preserves is particularly striking. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete