Search This Blog

Friday, October 23, 2015

Freshly made sketches Challenge #209

Freshly made sketches Challenge #209

For my card, a huge one ( an A4 size sheet folded in half so 15x21cm) I took a panel of 300grm watercolor paper from Schut, cold pressed.
I drew on a Christmas tree, if you have a stamp or a die use that, I don't so I drew it.
Then I traced it with  my gluegun to give it a raised or embossed effect. The glue from a glue gun dries really fast, but if you reheat it with your heatgun it goes soft again and that's when I sprinkled on gold embossing powder and heat set it until really nice and smooth. Let it cool.

Then I used Distress ink (mowed lawn and bundled sage) to color the tree, the embossed edge helps keep the color in, but if you have  dirty fingers, like me, well then there's no point really lol
I stamped the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays and embossed it in the same gold.

For more information on the Freshly made sketches Challenge #209, see this

2 comments:

  1. Your gold hand-drawn Christmas tree is such a cool look! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful effect with the glue and the embossing powder - it's such a smooth and beautiful gold! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete