Sunday 22 November 2015

AAA cards challenge #53: anything goes

AAA cards challenge #53: anything goes

For my card I had two ideas, one would combine two challenges, but I dismissed that pretty quickly.
So for the card I started by stamping the sentiment on a frontpanel that is slightly smaller than the cardfront. I used Versafine for this. (the sentiment is from Stampies Kerst set 11)
I then Diecut three snowflakes with my Big shot and Marianne design creatables lr1025 and lr1023.
I masked the cardbase with Post it like tape, as I find that's the only tape that doesn't tear my cardstock.
I inked Distress inks in an ombre effect inside the masked area (tumbled glass, broken china and mermaid lagoon). Then I brushed on Perfect Pearls Turqoise to give it shimmer.
You can see the mica speckles in the photo, but not the glorious shimmer :-(
I mounted the cardfront with foamtape.


For more information on the AAA cards challenge #53: anything goes, see this


7 comments:

  1. Perfectly CAS and fantastic Maaike.
    thanks for sharing at AAA Cards. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean and simply winter theme of your card. The blue under the snowflakes make them really pop. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderfully CAS. Your inking is beautifully showcased through the negative space of the snowflakes. Thanks for playing Game #53 with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card. Super ink blending & lovely CAS design. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards amaze me and I love how you play along with us so often :) Thanks for sharing your talents! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards! ~Justine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue shading through the snowflakes! Pretty and CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love snowflakes and your card is beautiful! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete