Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Love yourself!

For my card I've combined a few challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: so glossy,
Lawnscaping Challenge #117: thinking of you
Sparkle and Shine Challenge #17

So that's a pile of challenge, isn't it?
And although I don't like to combine challenges, rather make a card per challenge, sometimes time just dissapears, I don't know how or why, but it happens ;-) 

So for my card I used the Simon Says Stamp tri square die to cut out the squares. I used Distress inks to color them previous to diecutting (mowed lawn, wilted violet, peacock feathers and mermaid lagoon)

I've punched out a butterfly from each square and butterflies from glitter paper in the same(ish) colors.
Stuck the glitter butterflies on gluedots and covered them with glossy accents. Set it aside.

I've stuck a bit of double sided adhesive on the back of black cardstock and used the Lawn Fawn Scripte love to diecut the sentiment. It's now a sticker so easily applied to the card.
a
the "yourself" is a partial from a sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays (must love snowflakes).
Stamped that in Memento black ink.

Few matching sequins, you know because any card needs sequins (or glitter lol and glossy accents and I got al three woot!)

It's been 3 or 4 hourse since the glossy accents went on and it still looks milky, so will come back to it in the morning as it's 1a.m here as I type this, preparing the blogpost to  "air" tomorrow ;-)

It's now 9:45am and some milky residue remains, must be very damp here, nothing dries, but I cannot wait any longer! I hope you can forgive me, If it clears up during the day I might replace the photo ;-)





3 comments:

  1. Maaike, this is gorgeous! I love all the squares you created. The butterflies are such a pretty addition and the big, bold sentiment is so fun! So happy you joined us at Sparkle & Shine! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and I love all the squares you've created ~ that must have taken some patience! Thank you for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! LOVE your take on these lovely colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle and Shine!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete