Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Share Handmade kindness week 1: friends and family

Share Handmade kindness week 1: friends and family
#sharehandmadekindness

The awesome Jennifer McGuire has a new project and it's a good one!

Challenging us to share our handmade stuff to show some kindness, I think it's a fabulous initiative!

A friend of mine is going through a rough patch, always doubting herself and her abilities. so I made her this card.


It's actually the third version as one I made and was happy with it, until I made this third one, the one in between....pfff...well let's just say it looked better in my head..lol...


I used the Simon Says Stamp Tri square die to cut out all the squares and then colored them by swiping Distress inkpads over them ( Mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers, mowed lawn and wilted violet). These colors are part of the Sparkle and shine challenge I entered my first version into.


The sentiment is a diecut from Lawn Fawn (scripty love) and the yourself is a partial stamped sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays set must love snowflakes (have yourself a merry....)

the butterflies are punched from silver glitter paper and then covered with glossy accents.
On the first one I used the same-ish colors as the tiles but I do prefer these silver ones.

I like giving cards or sending them, seems not a lot of my firends are still doing the paper greeting thing, I think it's a shame a text message or a tweet or whatever is not something  you can keep, display and cherish.


I just donated over one hundred Christmas cards to the local foodbank with this thought, their clients might want to send out Christmas card, but can't afford it. so I hope I helped there a little too.


Can't wait to see the other challenges, if teacher comes  up I might have a problem hahah..no kids except the furry kind ;-)


Love you Jennifer for doing this!





second version I thought the white on white would look stylish, but it doesn't hahaha


first version I loved and entered in (a few) challenges, but now I prefer  my last attempt ...I need a card too, saying:  not perfect is also ok ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment