Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #20: texture

Virginia's View Challenge #20: texture

For my card I started by sponging a whole array of Distress inks on the background (peacock feathers, broken china, tumbled glass, shaded lilac and dusty concord in this order)
I then splattered it with water, white picked fence and brushed pewter, wilted violet distress stains and a shimmery blue (non brand).
I've heat embossed the sentiment (Hero Arts classic Christmas borders) in a platinum silver on vellum and tore it into a banner.
 for more texture I used corrugated cardboard for trees  and I deliberately did them in different directions, more texture ;-)
I've diecut a deer or stag from black glitter paper and tucked him behind a tree.

I was contemplating embossing paste and falling snow, but frankly I didn't want to cover up too much (or even more) of my background which was inspired by a piece of patterened paper from the Simon Says Stamp cardkit lastyear ( i think December). Same for sequins or rhinestones. later I did add some iridescerent rhinestones as falling snow.

for more information on the Virginia's View Challenge #20: texture, see this



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Textures”! Hope to see your lovely work soon again! Love your use of mixed elements!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete