Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Be your own kind of beautiful

For the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the theme is Ranger, and anything goes.

For the CAS Colours & Sketches #167: double dip (colours and a sketch).

I combined the two, hopefully succesfully ;-)
I've used Ranger Distress inks (mermaid lagoon and mustard seed) for the sun and sky and Ranger dye ink Java bean for the stamping.

To make the panel I masked off an area and the sun and filled it with Mermaid lagoon with the help of a mini inkblending sponge, also from Ranger.
Then I lifted the sun mask and filled it with the mustard seed, blending it out into the sky a little, which rendered it green, not seen that is real life, ever, but I kinda like the surrealistic effect, like in a dream...
The dandelion stamp is from Marianne design  (TC0837) and I got it today, especially for this card.
The sentiment is from Uniko (all occasion sentiments #6).

The darker bit on the sketch in the middle I made with the yellow twine, I wanted to keep it one layer and as CAS as possible.
 The twine divides the cardfront like the sketch, in my opinion ;-) defining the two spaces.
I hope you can see it, lol...


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dandelion seed head, beautiful card. Thanks Maaike for your continued support of CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty scene! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the sketch and use of the colours, very creative. Lovely to see you using your Uniko sentiment too. Thanks for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your CAS interpretation of the sketch and you've used the colours beautifully too. I love that dandelion! Thanks for joining us again at CC&S Maaike. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card. Perfect scene you have created. LOVE it. Thank you so much for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete