Saturday 23 April 2016

I choo choo choose you

The Inkspirational challenge #107 is all about vehicles.
So for my card I used the Create a smile stampset called Whimsical wheels to stamp the locomotive and caboose and the sentiment.
The little clouds are actually the rocks from Lawn Fawn's Critters from the past..ssst don't tell anyone ;-)...

I stamped the images with StazOn so I could use Distress inks to watercolor them on Schut 300grams Hotpressed smooth watercolor paper.
(I've used mermaid lagoon, mustard seed, mixed them to get a green and some weathered wood for the clouds) I wanted to keep the number of colors down to a minimum for a tranquil card.
The caboose is filled with glittery nuggets, I made those with Wow! melt-it powder and Wow! embossing powder, used gluedots to adhere them.
The sentiment is stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Zing white embossing powder. Sadly I
don't have a super fine white powder yet. The sentiment is still legible, but I would have liked it to be more detailed.

Mounted the sentiment strip with foamtape and added a strip of black to the cardbase as my watercolorpaper paenls are always slightly narrower than the bases.

Also mounted the watercolor panel with foamtape.

For more information on the Inkpsirational challenge, see this

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love your little train and the design. The sentiment is perfect for the theme! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think the white on black sentiment looks great and I love the nuggets - lots of work went into this fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! Love the design, the colors and that sentiment is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete