Thursday 26 May 2016

Faux watercoloring with embossed sentiments, with video

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: anything goes with Technique Tuesday products.

For my card I used the Marianne design Eline's brush (ec0161) with Ranger Distress inks in black soot, hickory smoke and weathered wood, I spritzed it with a mini mister I filled with water and Perfect Pearls powder (in the color perfect pearls).
I stamped on normal white cardstock as I wanted the cardbase and panel to  match, but watercolor paper would also be OK ofcourse, just mine is either greyish or cremeish in color.
As I only used a little bit of water it was fine on the 250grams or 110-120lbs cardstock, I usually use 140lbs or 300grams for the cardbase and as the 250grams never gets used, I thought I should, but I think the thicked one might have buckled less, still works though, thanks to a bunch of foamtape ;-).

I stamped the thank you from Technique Tuesday (Fabulous by Ali Edwards) with Versamark ink and sprinkled on Wow!  black twinkle embossing glitter and heat set it.
I placed three enamel dots I made previously with Wow! embossing powders and Wow! melt-it. I used one same black sparkle one a clear sparkle one (cha cha) and a blue sparkle one ( totally teal or pacific wave I can't remember).
Adhered them with glue dots.
I cut the panel slightly smaller than the cardbase so to get a nice border. Raised the panel with foam tape.

The process is the same of all the other colors
 this one is Distress inks Blueprint sketch. Mermaid lagoon an broken china with Wow! primary lagoon regular embossing powder,
Most of the regular ones I used are transparent, the matching background helps the color I think.
All of the enamle dots are made with Wow! embossing powders and Wow! melt-it
This one is Distress ink Picked raspberry and spiced marmalade with Wow! Florida sunset embossing glitter.
the sentiment is from Sizzix (birthday by Stephanie Barnard)


 Distress inks Mermaid lagoon and moved lawn with  Wow! Pacific wave embossing glitter
















Distress inks Wilted violet and candied apple with Wow! Royal crush embossing glitter.

















Wow! embossing powder  metallic copper regular for the sentiment, the background is Zing gold embossing powder, 


Distress inks: candied apple, carved pumpkin and mustard seed.
Wow! embossing podwer  primary apple red regular.
Technique Tuesday Sentiment (fabulous by Ali Edwards).














Distress inks Picked raspberry and ripe persimmon, too samey in my opinion.
Wow! embossing powder is Heart throb embossing glitter. 































1 comment:

  1. these are such pretty cards!! love that background stamp!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete