Thursday 5 May 2016

Sending hugs and prayers

The colours of the colour challenge at CAS colours & Sketches reminded me so much of the daffodils (narcissii) that just finished flowering at my allotment garden, that I just had to portrait them.

I used the friendship blooms set  from Simon Says Stamp for both the images and the sentiment.
I stamped the images with StazOn on Schut hotpressed smooth watercolouring paper 300grams.
I used Distress inks for the watercolouring (mustard seed, carved pumpkin and peeled paint).

The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder on black cardstock I wrapped around the watercolour panel.

The panel it self is raised and attached to the cardbase with foamtape.

For more information on the CAS colours & sketches challenge, see this




6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Maaike,such pretty flowers too. Loving your photographs,all so gorgeous 🙂 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Maaike,such pretty flowers too. Loving your photographs,all so gorgeous 🙂 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card - perfect image choice for the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful daffodils and a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CC&S, Maaike. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of daffodils! They are perfect. Thanks for joining in with our colour challenge at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea Maaike. It's a great use of the colours. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches again. Liz x

    ReplyDelete