Saturday 9 July 2016

Stripes and Birthdays with video

Today my card is for two challenges: Addicted to CAS with the code word Stripes 
and 
Cas Colour and Sketches  for the color combo


I've Used Distress inks Dusty Concord, mowed lawn and frayed burlap to match the SU colors.
Because of the colors I immediately thought purple flowers, green stem and brown dirt/earth, but then I thought everyone might have that idea ;-) So I came up with fading stripes.

For the card I cut a panel the same size as the cardbase, masked off the base to get three stripes and applied the Distress inks with my brushes. Dark on the left and fading into white on the right.
I use normal paintstore brushes, I made a video about it earlier this week trying a few of them out, see below.

I then applied Ken Oliver's Stick it to the back of the panel and diecut the Simon Says Stamp from the panel (birthday wishes frame).

Applied Stick it to both front and back to another panel and diecut the frame again. I wanted it to be raised by just a hair, and I contemplated craft foam, but that usually gets squished and distorted, not good with intricate dies like this. And I also only wanted one layer to keep the card flat for mailing, but this might just have been too flat ;-). You can feel the dimension but barely see it..lol.

Attached it all back and pieced all the little bits and bobs back in the die and then added a few how made dew drops/enamel dots.







6 comments:

  1. What a cool technique! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab technique and classy card. Thanks for playing along at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Maaike. So CAS and elegant, I love those fading stripes, the subtle sentiment and the bit of bling. Fab! Thanks for joining us again at CC&S. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the faded stripes, such an artistic approach to the challenge - beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love your distressed stripes. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stripes, I like the faded look. thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete