Sunday 14 August 2016

contain it


is the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.

I like making boxes and I came across a video of this one with a decorated closure.
link to her video is underneath the video (description box), she used centimeters.
I adapted it to inches and my supplies.

For my little green box I used two shades of green linnen cardstock and the WRMK envelope punchboard.
First I thought to use a butterfly die and the green would look like grass, then I came across this cupcake die from Simon Says Stamp (brithday circle die set) and as it's a Simon Says Stamp challenge I chose to use that.

To  make the SMALL box (green one) you need:
a piece of cardtock 5"square (12,7x12,7cm)
punch and score at 2"and 3" (5,1cm and 7,6cm)
rotate paper, match up the score lines and punch and score again, repeat for all three sides.

Reinforce foldline with bonefolder.

cut the little tabs on both sides and adhere strong double sided tape.

fold the box together, mark where the lid overlaps and score the flaps to and fold.
notch these flaps about halfway from opposite directions.

to make the closure use a diecut of your choice, adhere it to strong white cardstock is you're useing one that needs to be inlaid like the cupcake or if it needs the support like with my glitter paper.

cut the diecut in hal and adhere to the flaps with strong adhisive tape too.


I call it hinged closure, not sure if that's the proper English name though.


For the LARGE (white) box:
a piece of cardstock 6 3/4" square (17,1cm)
punch and score at 3"and 4" (7,6cm and 10.1cm)
rotate and line up to the scorelines, do this for all three remaining sides.


For the snowflakes box I used simple heavy weight white cardstock and I splattered Mermaid lagoon and brushed pewter to make a  patterned paper, let it dry.
for the closure I used a snowflake and glitterpaper.
If I had a bigger snowflake die, I think it would have looked better, but I don't .

I'm thinking the bold painted greetings from Simon Says Stamp, like thanks and hello would work well as long as you can cut the diecut in half without it falling apart.

Usually I make a box to fit what I need to put in it, this time I made the box and I need to fit the gift to it ;-) I'm thinking teabags orso or a soap, not sure yet.






For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this



1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely clever idea! I love how you made your boxes the perfect size for teabags! And the closure is really creative. The possibilities here are endless and I felt so inspired by your project. Thank you so much for sharing your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete