Wednesday 24 August 2016

Hip to be square...


Is the Wednesday Challenge over at Simon Say Stamp, featuring SSS products.

Now I don't know if it means the card needs to be square or just square elements on it. I would have liked to accomodate both, but the Simon Says Stamp Trie square die, really needs the space ;-), It would have been a giagantic card to make this square, not impossible ofcourse, but big!

So I'm sorry if I didn't understand it the right way.
 I cut the tri square out of a panel the same size as my cardbase. Traced the openings on the cardbase, so I know where to ink.

Stamped the Sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloons with Versafine black onyx ink and set it aside to dry.

Masked off the windows, erased pencil and swiped Ranger dye inks to fill in the space (Carribbean coast grape soda and cheese puff).

I stamped the  oval balloon from the same stampset with an ombre feel.
Sadly in my stamp there's a pit, or dip and it always shows, tried to camouflage it, but it didn't work well, still I thought I'll go ahead and fussy cut them, I don't have the dies for it. 

I have Simon Says Stamp  celebration dies and ended up switching to them although
I do prefer the elongated shaped balloons, they feel more elegant to me, but these are more fun!

I swiped more ink onto cardstock and then diecut them with the middle sized balloon.
Covered them with Wink of Stella clear gliter and then added the reflection with a white Sharpie.

Mounted the diecut panel with foamtape to the cardbase.

I  meant to only put one of each color enamel accents on the card, but the Carribbean coast didn't agree ;-)
I used Caribbean coast, grape soda and classic cherry. I didn't get the cheese puff (yet). I thought it would look ok as I did you classic cherry on the ombre balloons, but then I switched tactics, midway...

 Mounted the balloons as if they're escaping their little windows.

Still like the card a lot, though, the vibrant happy colors. just sing

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this



2 comments:

  1. Love your card, so bright and colourful.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I love those bouncy balloons!

    ReplyDelete