Tuesday 11 October 2016

Explore the world, with video


The theme over at the Monday Challenge for Simon Says Stamp is: explore the World.

I thought this stamp from Penny Black, aptly named Adventures, would go perfectly.
A little girl scout or treasure hunter out in the wild, camping in her little tent.
 I started by stamping the image with My Favorite  Things, hybrid black ink onto Schut watercolour paper.
Then I positioned the Simon Says Stamp falling stars stencil over it.
I mixed Wendy Vecchi embossing paste with iridescerent glitter to make the stars al nice and shiny and applied it through the stencil.

Let that dry.
I then applies Distress re-inkers as watercolours for the night sky. I had these left over from my galaxy card. Dabbed the background to get the color off the stars, let it dry.
For the girl and tent I used Talens ecoline and I faded the color with grey, as it’s night the colors are more subdued and flatter.
I didn’t add any grey to her skin and hair, that would look yucky ;-)
Mounted the panel with foamtape.
Used some black and silver stars washi tape on the cardbase.
I die cut Memory box puffy clouds from the same watercolour paper and used a different grey/blue to color them, white was too overpowering.
The sentiment is from Good sayings by Pink Fresh Studio and I stamped it with Versafine black onyx ink.
Job done ;-)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card and I love the way you've coloured this and created such a pretty scene! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete