Monday 3 October 2016

Ink blended African sunset, fall colors....with video

Work it Wednesday’s September challenge is to use : yellow, orange, red and or Brown, so I used them all ;-)
I was picturing one of those African sunsets  you see pictures of all the time. I don’t have any silhouette elephants or giraffe stamps sadly, but yeah the idea was the sunset, not specifically an African one ;-).

I used a bird silhouette stamps from Joy! Crafts and Distress inks on my card, the sentiment is from Technique Tuesdays.

I used Distress inks:  fossilized amber, ripe persimmon, fired brick and aged mahogany and for the sun mustard seed.

Made a mask for the sun with a die and Inkadinka do masking paper and proceeded to do a lot of ink blending. In hindsight I think the fos. Amber was a bit too dark, I should have used mustard seed instead, you live and learn, still like it, but the sun doesn’t glow as it could have.

I used Versafine black onyx and the Misti to stamp the image and sentiment, I double stamped them to get a really nice black print.
ATG gun tape to attach the panel to the cardbase.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday, see this



No comments:

Post a Comment