Tuesday 8 November 2016

Home made shimmer or glitter paste diy, with video






The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: shine bright like a diamond with Tim Holtz.


So I pulled out my Holiday Knit stencil from Tim Holtz.
I first started on red cardstock with Wendy Vecchi embossing paste, white one and added white glitter for shimmer, but you couldn't see it at all once dry :-(

So I pulled out the Ranger texture paste transparant gloss, added glitter and Festive berries re inker from the Distress line, also Tim Holtz.


I also used salty ocean with silver and blue glitter and a Dutch Doobadoo snowflake stencil and a few more.

In the video I also compare just glitter and texture paste and or color with texture paste and no glitter, all completely different effects.

So for the card I trimmed the glittered holiday knit panel and adhered it to the cardbase.
I trimmed a bit of black SSS cardstock for the sentiment and heat embossed the sentiment from SSS set  presents and ornaments. I used Papermania superfine silver as the stamp is very dainty.

I diecut the deer from sturdy glitter cardstock in brown as deer asre brown, right?, was a bit samey to the red, but hey...

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp challenge, see this




3 comments:

  1. stunning card Maaike...love that Holiday Knit Stencil and your gorgeous glittery deer...thank you so much for sharing with us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful cards! The background patterns you created are fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great and your "recipe" is nice and simple. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete