Saturday 19 November 2016

Vintage Christmas



The Less is More Challenge this week is: vintage and as I'm all into Christmas cards the the moment is has become vintage Christmas.


I used the Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmas stamp, in itself pretty vintage style script, but I paired it with  Atlantic seaspray embossing powder from Wow!. To me it looks like faded copper, that went green by oxidation in parts still the copper shines through...think statue of Liberty ;-).


In de video I made 5, I chucked out one and then while the video was processing I made another 10 lol, you can see them on my facebook page www.facebook.com/cardsbymaaike

So I used Versamark to stamp most of them and then a variety of embossing powders, all from Wow! although I had pulled out Papermania and Lindy's stampgang stuff too.

The red with gold glitter is heart throb and on the background the snowflakes are  clear hologram sparkle embossing glitter and the stamps is from Leane Creatief nr55.9838

the gold is actually metallic brass.

For the card I tossed I used the glue inkpad from Tsukineko, and sprinkled on gold glitter. This is glitter I save from various projects, so there's chunky gold, fine gold, blue and red in there, probably more too let it dry.

For the foiled card I also stamped with Versamark and then sprinkled on bonding powder, also Wow!, melted it with the heat gun and then applied Fab foil (also Wow!) sprakle gold foil. set it aside to cool. You should wait for the bonding powder to cool before peelinf off the foil sheet. Had to reheat it a couple of times as I missed a few spots.

Mounted everything with foamtape onto cardbases.

For more inforamtion on the Less is More Challenge, see this






3 comments:

  1. Wow! Super productive Maaike! You have really showcased that stamp and it really is a super vintage script. Love how all the cards look totally different....and your video is superb! Shame about the glitter one, but it was worth having a try. Thank you so much for sharing all this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how many cards you've made, Maaike! You've been busy! They all look great, all different but equally awesome and showing off that gorgeous scripty sentiment to perfection. I love them! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want that stamp now, Maaike - it is a great size to provide the focal point on a CAS Christmas card! Love the variations that you have shared here and the embossing powder on the first card looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete