Tuesday 11 April 2017

Easter card series 2017 #8: egg cozy, with video


The Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is: hip hop.

I chose something that hops: a rabbit. I made an easter card with an egg cozy.

For this I used two colors of felt and  contrasting embroidery thread.
For the eyes I used black hot fix rhinestones.
The patterned I used I  found it at Molly Moo's .com.

When you get it, it's rather big, so I printed it and then copied it at 50%. Cut it out.
to make my life easier and quicker to make a lot of egg cozies I layered the two colors of felt on top of each other, pinned the pattern on top and cut out both layers at once.

I used a pretty stitch, no idea what it's called to sew the parts together.
I attached it to the cardbase with a piece of self adhesive velcro, the bit that has the little hooks.

For the sentiment I used a stamp fromMarianne design and Versafine black onyx ink.

Watch the video on how I made it:


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. What a unique idea and I adore the egg cozy...it's so much fun! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Happy Easter... :)

    ReplyDelete