Thursday 18 May 2017

A bit of sparkle

A bit of sparkle, showcasing Simon Says Stamp products is the Wednesday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.

For my card I used the Simon Says Stamp die, You are my favorite an I die cut it from 140lbs cardstock.

I tried the glitter bit first with Wow Embossing powders, but I wasn't wowed and ruined my new Versamark inkpad...full of glitter now...sigh.
Then I tried Elizabeth crafts double sided sticky tape with glitter, also meh...I got bald spots...then I tried the Distress inks Peacock
feathers and Distress glitter dust vintage platinum and the platinum came out the best.

At this point I was wondering why I didn't just use glitterpaper as glitter is everywhere!. Then remembered I wanted something of an ombre effect,  but that was not acchievable today ;-)

I rubbed the glitter dust into the sticky tape as best as possible and then past it through the die cutting machine as well.
A small piece of printer paper with more double sided tape behind the white panel was the perfect solution to place all the bits back.
Mounted the panel with foamtape and mounted it to my cardbase.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love loose glitter :) I have to admit I love the look but not a fan of using it due to the mess.
    You have created some gorgeous looks and i LOVE your CAS card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete