Sunday 25 June 2017

Ocean with Distress reinkers

Today I played with Distress reinkers in a lot of blue and green tones:
weathered wood, evergreen bough, faded jeans, stormy sky, tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, broken china, blueprint sketch and salty ocean.

I used the classic Schut watercolor paper in 300grams/140lbs which is very rough and not suited for stamping, but for these things, it's great. It's cold pressed and drying takes a while longer than hot pressed.

I've stamped all the narwhals on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink and I tried all my Grey colors, BG, GG, Bgr, IG and I liked IG (ice grey) the best.
So I colored another on camera and then cut them out with the brother Scan N cut.

For the ocean I start my wetting the watercolor paper and then dropping in the blues and greens randomly at first and then filling in the spaces. Heat set it so I could add another layer. Now this will give you those hard edges, but seeing the background is so spotty and busy, I think I'll be OK ;-).

Thought I heat set it properly, but there was still some paint coming off...everywhere...lol.

The camera shut off as I was putting the waves together, sorry.
I die cut the waves with these stitched dies I got off Ebay. they're also to be found on Wish or Aliexpress, but I used Ebay, thought it was easier to order.
The stitched detail on mine is only on one side, which caused a few problems, lining them up, without any white card peeking through.

I stamped the sentiment from the  Poppy stamp set with Onyx black ink and then mounted the highest wave flush to the card base with red sticky tape, then the second also flush, but the third with one layer of foam tape and the bottom layer with 2 layers of foam tape.

tucked the critters behind the waves, using foam tape if needed and runner tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment