Tuesday 6 June 2017

Oldie but goodie #6: Inkadinkado Baby love

For #6 I chose to use a set from 2009, Inkadinkado baby love. I got it second hand, from a sales group on Facebook, it was still new! I also used the My Favorite things  stitched triple peekaboo windows die and a sentiment from a Wibra set.

I started by stamping the images onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper. I've never seen this before, but the sentiments are attached to the images, and I only wanted the images, so I cut them off, carefully.
I used Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink and only had to stamp it twice, being new stamps. Had the Brother Scan n cut do it's magic.

I  cut a panel 1cm smaller than the card base and die cut the  windows.
I then traced the openings onto the card base and stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink.

I masked off the areas around the window openings and erased the pencil line. I intended to do some ink blending, but decided the "swipe" the ink pads across the card base, much quicker ;-).
Then I sprayed the card base with Shimmer spritz in the frost variety for a pearlescent effect.

I colored the critters with Spectrum Noir markers, mounted the panel with foam tape and placed the little image, in and outside the windows, popping them up with foam tape where needed. The little bubbles I attached with some mini home made glue dots.

I understand the Inkadinkado set might no longer be available, but similar images are widely available. It's an oldie but goodie after all ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment