Saturday 8 July 2017

AAA cards challenge #94

This fortnight (we started a bit earlier than our normal Sunday to coincide with the Less is More challenge), the theme is: one layer with a colored card base.

Our sponsor is Happy little stampers and you could win a $20 giftcard.


I chose the eggplant/aubergine purple card with linen structure from my stash.

I wanted a tone on tone look , so to stamp the My Favorite Things background stamp (wavy coloring book) I used Memento Sweet plum ink.

I wanted a faded look, so after I inked the stamp I wiped the edges somewhat, so it looks like the pattern comes out the paper, or at least it's supposed to ;-)

It's a background stamp, I could have covered the whole cardbase, but a requirement of CAS cards is to leave as much white/empty space as possible.

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp (birthday balloons) I stamped it with Versamark en heat embossed it with  Papermania superfine silver embossing powder.

For more information or to play along with the AAA cards challenge, see this




11 comments:

  1. I love tone on tone cards Maaike and you've created a winner here with your background stamp and what a clever idea to remove some of the powder to create that faded look. Gorgeous card base colour too and a sophisticated creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Love how you removed some of the color to create that faded look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card! I especially love how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love how the image fades out to the sentiment. Lovely card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! And something a bit different for you I'm thinking. Worked out just fine and I love the tone on tone and faded out look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card!! Love how your stamped image fades. :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card Maaike! I love the tone-on-tone and how you've faded out the image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! I love how you used tone on tone and great idea to fade out the background stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful card Maaike ! The purple tone-on-tone is fantastic and I love how you gave it a faded look ! Great to team with you all for this fortnight !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the sentiment pops! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colour and a great idea to fade the inking.

    ReplyDelete