Wednesday 12 July 2017

Distress it

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: Distress it.

For this panel I used 6 inkpads (salty ocean, mermaid lagoon, mowed lawn, cracked pistachio, tumbled glass, peacock feathers) and 5 spray stains : tarnished brass, antiqued bronze, cracked pistachio, picket fence and mermaid lagoon).

I used a mini foam blending tool and started applying color in no particular order or placement.
When I was satisfied with the blending and layering I splattered water, and the stray stains, heatsetting in between the layers.

I then diecut the floral pattern out of it (I think it's for a bookmark). I should have used
Stick it on the back, but I forgot!.
I cut a panel of gold mirrored card and adhered it to the cardbase.
then added taperunner to the Distressed panel and set the diecut back in. I used a glue pen, but it dries quicker than I can apply it.
Anyway I managed  ;-)

I then used the SSS painted thanks die and black card (with Stick it) to make the sentiment, and placed it on top.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful background Maaike and it sets off that gorgeous panel very well...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete