Thursday 20 July 2017

Dove blender pen with Aquablend pencils, first impressions and try, with video

For today's card I used Spectrum Noir pencils and the Dove blender pen instead of water.
I thought that would be a great tool on the road and it worked relly well, it picked up the color and transported it much further than I thought.
Also it doesn't leave the hard edges water does, see video.
But after I used the blender pen I founf layering another shade on topwas near impossible, except withyou use a wet brush to pencil method.
Not usre what the blender pen is made of, but it seems to seal the paper. So you best apply the twoshaed at ones, which luckily I did as part of the experiment. 
You can buy refills and new nibs for this pen, so not a throw away thing, which I like.

I used Schut watercolorpaper, coldpressed but smooth and stamped the image from C.C Designs (kitty with chickies) with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink.

The pencils I used were from the essentials and primary tins:
Banana and chrome orange for the chicks
Bottle green and parakeet for the grass
Royal blue for the sky
Coral, Antracite, gravel for the kitty

I wanted the sky to fade, to  make asort of halo around the image and  there ws quite a lot of pigment in that thin line I drew, I feel the colors stay more virbrant with the Dove blender pen, so all in all I'm really happy with it.

I will test the layering more, maybe it needs to dry better.
That's another plus, with water you need to wait, with the blender pen it's almost instantly dry, which helps with colors touching each other.


I used a sentiment from Clearly Besotted (best friends) and stamped it with Versafine onx black ink. Mounted the panel with foamtape to the card base

No comments:

Post a Comment