Thursday 13 July 2017

Everyday Christmas #9: Wow glow in the dark embossingpowder, with video

For today's card I used the last, previously colored, polar pals from My Favorite Things I had left.
To see how I colored him, see the second video below.

I started by making a window in a cardpanel, I had chosen a Sizzix snowflake, but that didn't leave any space for my scene, so I changed it into a circle, but it could be any shape.
I then traced the window onto the cardbase and I stamped the stars (Avery Elle let it snow) with a new to me embossing ink, it's from Tsukineko and it's tinted pink. When I saw it in a video it looks properly pink, but I can barely see this, I think normal Versamark is much more visible, ironically. I've ordered the reinker too as the pad seems a bit dry, maybe that will change things.

After stamping the stars I used Wow! glow in the dark embossing powder and heat set it.
I really didn't do a good job stamping the little stars, or it's because the inkpad is dry, but I rolled with it. The speckles could be smaller stars further away ;-)...

For the wintry sky I used Distress inks (dusty concord, shaded lilac and tumbled glass), although the mountains will cover a lot of it, I still applied ink to the whole circle as I wasn't sure where the mountains would  go yet.

I diecut mountains from brown cardstock with the Lawn Fawn (stitched mountain borders) and then inkblended  Distress ink ground espresso on top and splattered it with water.
I used Weathered wood on the icy snowcaps, that I die cut from white card.
Glued the snowcaps in place.

On a side note: I don't think there's polar bears where there are mountains and vice versa, unless they venture very far down south, maybe if the mountains were white it could be Alaska...don't over think these things too much Maaike!

I attached the first row of mountains with red sticky tape and the second row with foamtape to the cardbase.
I mounted the panel with foamtape as well, except where the foam mounted mountains are, to compensate for their thickness.

The sentiment is from a unknown brand, I don't have the packaging anymore and it's a  few years old, but any sentiment will do. Funny enough the Polar Pals  set doesn't have any Christmassy ones.
I used Versafine onxy black ink.

Mounted the polar bear on top.
Tjeerd was keeping me company whilst I was trying to type this blog and starting the voiceover ;-) I waited lol....



1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Maaike! Love that sweet little bear too. Aww that kitty is so lovely, what a cute little helper 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete