Thursday, July 27, 2017

Layered stamping and masked background, with video

For today's card I used the Horticultural script  from Creative Expressions and the flower from Concord and 9th (you are enough stamp set).

I started by stamping the outline flower on Inkadinkado masking paper and cut it out, really close, if not on the lines.

Then I stamped the flower on Schut watercolor paper with Simon Says Stamp intense black and applied the masks. I thought it was easier to cut off the little stalk.

Then I grabbed the background stamp and used Memento Toffee crunch to stamp it. and on top tinted emboss it ink and  Zing clear embossing powder as I will be messy with water later and the embossing will protect the script.

I marked the top of the backgroundstamp on the release paper with a Sharpie, as I found it hard to see which way was up.
You can't read much of the script, but some bits and it would be a shame if they were upside down.

To "color" the flower I used the layering bits and Distress ink Picked raspberry. I applied It to the stamp and then instead of water I spritzed it with  Shimmer spritz (frost ). heat setting in between each layer.
I used mowed lawn for the stalk and just a brush to fill it in and to tie it in with the pink and green washi tape.
Mounted the panel with foam tape and adhered it to the cardbase.

I was tempted to stamp  "brave" as it would fit on the foam raised bit, but then I remembered I used embossing powder, which would resist the stamping, so I left it. This way you can use it for any occasion you seem fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment