Sunday 16 July 2017

Oldie but goodie #12: smiles for you, with video

For this week's oldie but goodie I pulled out two stamp sets from Your Next Stamp (smiley happy critters set one and two).
Not sure which year they were made, but I got them from a clearance at  my craftstore, I found Your Next Stamp still carries them, but clear stamp versions, I guess they were re released at some point? see links above.

I pulled out the lion, parrot (I think) and the cat and stamped them with Simon Says Stamp intense black on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and let the Brother Scan N Cut, cut them out. I think the lion could also be a hedgehog, the cat a panther and the parrot a dodo lol.

I colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers and added Nuvo shimmer pen (clear gloss) to their noses and beak.

Made a wobbler with some wire and attached the cat to it. I thought I would want three wobbles, but decided against it, as I thought it would be too much "action", you can of course.

I chose to put the cat (or panther) in the middle as he was the neutral colored one and separates the bold colors.

Attached the lion and parrot with tape runner to the cardbase.

The sentiment is from one of the sets and I also used the intense black ink.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Maaike, sweet card...love those YNS critters! Thanks for popping by my blog..not sure what you meant by I've missed an aspect of the challenge? Is it because I've stuck the card panel on a base? Thought I could get away with that as a one layer but did wonder if it was pushing the rules of the challenge?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, not a one layer anymore ;-) still very beautiful though

      Delete