Saturday 1 July 2017

Red, white and blue..

The colors of many flags, including the Netherlands. It's the challenge for Less is More this week, use your flag colors.
I was tempted to make an actual flag, the USA one as it's almost the  4th of July, but I made one a few years ago and I don't have the right sentiment for the 4th of July.

So I made an ocean scene, blue water, red boat and white palm trees and sky.
I used a new dieset I got online and cut blue waves twice, and the white palm trees once.
I used Joy Crafts die for the boat,it's an older one.
then I cut everything to the same size using a dotted rectangle die with curved edges and a white panel of the same size, so I could layer everything up, I used taperunner for the trees and one or two layers of foamtape of the waves.


For the sentiment I used a Simon Says Stamp set (it's your birthday 3x4) and stamped it with Versamark ink, so I could heat emboss the sentiment in white (Wow! opaque bright white), keeping to the challenge colors.
Mounted the panel with tape runner to the cardbase.
I'm sorry if the palmtrees are hard to see.
I thought this could be a masculine card, they're so  not my colors, even if it's my flag, and orange is our royal family's color is even worse lol...


For more information on the Less is More challenge, see this

5 comments:

  1. Delightful nautical make for the colours of your country's flag

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely nautical scene ! Love all the details on it and how you used the big wave panel to stamped your sentiment ! A beautiful and CAS take on our challenge ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous design and the red, white and blue certainly lend themselves to a nautical scene. Super CAS and super neat as ever. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A terrific card. I love the bold colours and the design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why didn't I think of nautical, I'm kicking myself! This is such a great use of your fabulous dies, and lovely bold colours too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete