Thursday 28 September 2017

Background block printing, with video

For this card I pulled out my stamping blocks, I don't really use them anymore and they felt ignored ;-).

I pulled three sizes and decided to use the smallest and biggest. The smallest so I can make strips of color by inking one color at the time on the block, spritz it with water and "stamp" it on Schut classic watercolor paper.

The biggest I just inked the three colors in one go.

For the first card I used Distress inks Chipped sapphire, blueprint sketch and wilted violet and instead of water I used the Shimmer spritz in frost.

Heat set it and then applied another layer.
The new Distress colors seem to water down really quickly and become faint. A  mere shadow of themselves just look at the card I used the same colors on but inkblending tools instead.


For the second card I used Aged mahogany, fired brick and wild honey and water.

I cut a strip off the bottom to add interest to the background panel and kind of a horizon line. You could also use a shaped die, a wave die  would be cute with the pirate but I wanted it more minimal and less frilly if that makes sense.

Adhered the watercolored panel with foamtape to the cardbase. then Stamped the
sentiment with Versafine onxy black ink.

Adhered the images with tape runner.

For the African sunset card I cut the background into three strips, just to chance things a little.

The images are all from My Favorite Things #mftstamps and I colored them with Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Illustrator markers.

1 comment:

  1. Weer prachtige kaarten Maaike en goede uitleg op je video...merci.

    ReplyDelete