Tuesday 19 September 2017

Everyday Christmas Card series #15: diamond shaker with video

For today's card I used nail art diamonds, tiny tiny diamonds, I think they're plastic but fabulously shiny and sparkly.
I got them from Ali Express, where I also go the sloping hill die.

I wanted to make a narrow shaker window, so I  measure the diecut and marked it on a panel with a pencil, then used a kraft knife to cut the opening. I don't have a die that size/shape.

I then stamped the sentiment from Casual Fridays stamps (must love snowflakes)  with Versafine onyx black ink.
Then I traced the opening on the cardbase and masked of the edges for inkblending. I used Distress inks (tumbled glass and broken china) fro my wintry sky. Then
splattered water and white Talens Ecoline for more snow.

Then I placed a piece of acetate to fit the window, I used red sticky tape to adhere it.
Then i cut the diecut to size and attached it with more red tape.
Built up the shaker frame with foam tape. One layer was enough as the diamonds are so small.
I added foamtape behind the diecut to support the tree and houses as I can't attach it anywhere.
Added the shaker material and closed the shaker compartment with more acetate.

Added a bit more red tape and adhered the panel to the cardbase.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this. found it on pinterest and just adore it. cheers

    ReplyDelete