Sunday 7 January 2018

AAA cards challenge #106,Quote, with video

 It is not necessary to include this quote or any other quote on your CAS card, but we'd like you to use it to inspire your creativity. It could be as simple as using some new stash that you were lucky enough to receive for Christmas or using a new to you technique or a card to encourage you or someone else to stick to their New Year plans ......

My new year's plan is to use scraps more often, or as soon as a have some.

Our sponsor this fortnight is: Happy Little Stampers.

For my card I diecut a scalloped heart from Marianne design (cr1351) and the Memory Box cross stitched love from a cardpanel, the same size as my cardbase.

I traced the opening onto the cardbase and applied tape runner on all sides. In hindsight it would be better to only apply glue/runner on a corner, so top and right or left p.e. It's easier to lift the paper strips if they're not stuck ;-)

I chose a neutral palette with some purple and cut different width strips, pretty random.
And I start the "weaving"by applying the first strip and then tucking and flipping the others, you know how to do that, I'm sure.
Once the window shape is covered and the shape can be anything you have, circle, square, star, rectangle, doesn't matter; I add tape runner to the cardpanel and adhere it to the cardbase. Trimmed where necessary.
For more information inspiration from the DT and or to play along with the AAA cards challenge, see this



6 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see some paper weaving on your card - that's a technique I've not used in a while and I'm wondering why as it looks so pretty. Great tip on where to apply the glue Maaike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He wat weer leuk om deze techniek te zien. Heel vaak gedaan maar eigenlijk
    In het " goed bewaren kastje gestopt. Maar nu dus tijd om dat er weer eens
    Uit te halen. Super leuke kaart trouwens..helemaal dat woordje
    Love wat er zo " uitgeprikt is

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done paper weaving - looks great and well done for using up some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Maike. Your card has such a classic look :) I haven't done paper weaving since I was a kid and never thought to put it on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the paper weave on a card idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilted look, Maike! =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete