Tuesday 30 January 2018

Faux maze and Valentine penguins, with video

For my card I wanted to use my new stampset from Gerda Steiner, that I got with the black Friday deal.
I stamped all the images on the Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and had them cut out  by my Scan N cut.


For the "maze" I used my nested circles dies, mine are from Nellie Snellen, but any will do. I skipped one every time, to get a reasonable rim.
I used the largest circle in the set to cut out the maze from the card panel and I stamped the sentiment from the same Gerda Steiner set with Versafine Onyx black ink, set it aside to dry.


Colored them with Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Illustrator markers.

I mounted the panel and circles with foam tape.
To go round I peel off one side of the backing, push it down and then peel off the other backing sheet, you can then manipulate the foamtape like magic.

So if you're really good at this you could made it a spinner card, but I am not and there is just not enough room to put the coin or disc on the back, it's either would fit or it would fall out.
So I opted for the illusion together with the sentiment I think will carry across the message of a helpful friend.

To give the illusion of the maze I cut a slit in the smaller circles and positioned them inside the big circle in the panel.
Stuck the penguin in the middle of the maze, as if she'smade it ;-). Some Nuvo shimmer pen on the hearts and tape runner to stick her down.




1 comment: