Thursday 29 March 2018

Leaded window look with Wow! embossing powders

I made a version with Nuvo drops, but today I;m making a card with Wow embossing powders, A lot more fiddly, but as I have many powders but not as many  enamel accents/Nuvo drops I thought  I would try and give you options in case you lack  the liquid ones too.

I started by diecutting a shape into black card, mine was a bit thin and warped with the heat, make sure yours is sturdy.
I traced the opening onto the cardbase and diecut it again. Now this  isn't a precise method and you may or may not have to cut the card panel, but that's ok, you'll have a nice border, just take this into account if  you don;t want a mat, make the panel bigger.

I used the Poppy Stamp/ Memory box cute caterpillar die, I also considered the Fiesta flowers. Any you have with a few open areas will work, the bigger the better though.

I used Stick it on the back to make applying the heat resistant acetate much easier.

Then I stamped the sentiment from Craft Emotions with Versamar ink and heat embossed it with opaque white  embossing powder from Wow!.

For the caterpillar I also used Wow! powders:  Cha Cha Cha  primary  apple red,primary lemon, primary chartreuse,primary lagoon, primary fuchsia fusion, eggplant and pacifi wave.

I used my sample book to see which ones are translucent, most if not all primaries are and some of the glittery ones too. the sample book really helps.

I used the Versamarker to apply ink on the openings/acetate and heat set it. I used as little heat as possible, just to be sure.
I've cut out a lot of the footage as it took about half and hour and the process is the same, just different colors.

Then I applied liquid glue on the back so I ouwld have a bit more wiggle time and matched it with the openings on the cardbase. Also here it  payes to use thicker card, I  must get some ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment