Sunday 1 April 2018

AAA Cards Challenge #112: favourite Technique

This fortnight our challenge over at AAA cards is: favourite technique and our sponsor is Sugar Pea Designs and you could win a $25 gift certificate.

For my favourite technique card I used two of mine, inkblending and marker colouring, not sure which would win in a battle, but I love both.
Although I did minimal inkblending here, as our challenge  is a CAS one. I masked off the grass, inkblended Distress ink Mowed lawn, then Peacock feathers for the lake and Mermaid lagoon for the sky.

The images are from Sugar Pea designs (Indian summer) I stamped them with Simon Say Stamp intense black and colored them with both Spectrum Noir and Illustrator
markers. The reed is from Clearly Besotted ( fluffy flamingos). My scan n cut did all the cutting and I adhered the images as a little scene with taperunner and or foamtape.. Three enamel dots around the scene to help your eye travel.

No sentiment, as the set is very much geared toward fall and Thanksgiving, but I was actually picturing children playing.

For more examples from our design team, or to play along the AAA cards Challenge, see this.

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute and brightly coloured scene Maaike. And the scan and cut gives such a precise and clean cut, really makes the images look professional - on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet scene and beautifully coloured. How are you finding the Scan n Cut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scene is too cute, Maaike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think lots of the team loves ink-blending! Such a sweet card, Maaike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maaike, this is a very sweet card! Colouring with markers and ink blending just go hand in hand, don't they? Happy Easter to you! - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Maaike! such an adorable scene. Love how the cuties are colored. The ink blending with the masking is just perfect. Love your techniques!!! Hugs Bharati

    ReplyDelete