Thursday 24 May 2018

Merci Chocolates giftbox, with video and free pattern



Today I made a giftbox, or hostess gift, party favor, what every the occasion any one could use a "thank you" I'm sure. I'm thinking teacher gifts.

The little box contains 4 Merci  bars, this because I have bought the 32 box and so can make 8 with one box.

For the giftbox you need a piece of paper 9" wide and 7 3/8 tall, I used a 12"x12"paper, but you can use a 8.5"x11"of course, just mine aren't sturdy enough I feel.

Score on the long side at 3",3 3/8, 6 1/2, 6 7/8 and 7 1/2 inches.
On the short side score at: 1 3/4, 2 1/8,  5 1/4 and 5 5/8 inches.

Fold and burnish the scorelines and cut away bits as shown in pattern (//////).

I used a fancy edge scissors to enhance the edges ( funny enough), it doesn't fit through the Bigshot, Gemini maybe, I haven't measured, but you can use  a rotary cutter as well, some have fancy edges, dies, punches or just leave them straight. You should just be able to see the Merci name peeping out of the pocket.

For the contrasting piece I use some of the cut offs and cut a square 3 1/8th, but it's easier to measure as sometimes the box size shifts a bit with the thickness of the score lines.
Used tape runner to attache it to the biggest flap.

I then added a nice colored bit of ribbon to tie is shut.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable box. I put your video into the box faves on my YT channel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete