Thursday 19 July 2018

Craftin Desert divas- designer creative challenge: let's get coloring




Today’s card is all about adding color, with coloring. I used my alcohol markers and Distress Oxides for this.
I printed the digi I got as a freebie as I’m a subscriber to the digiclub. I then cut it out and colored her with my markers and mounted her with foamtape.
For the alcohol markers, my method is : laying down a nice juicy foundation all over the segment I'm coloring with the lightest color, then I add the shades with the darkest, blend those out with the middle color and the middle with the lightest again. Sometimes I only use two shades.
On the cardbase I made “waves” with the Sorted Shapes 1 stencil and Mermaid Lagoon, I wanted some sort of ombre effect, so it looks like shimmery water. The Sorted shapes 2 stencil has actual waves on it, but I didn’t buy it (yet).
I stamped the sentiment from Say it Big with Versafine onyx black ink.
Added a few sequins from the Bubblegum mix. Mounted the cupcake on top. I liked the idea of the flamingo on an island or a nest in the water, but if you prefer it could be a tablecloth lol.


Materials used:
Craftin Desert Diva
Flamingo Cupcake: freebie with Digi Club Subscription http://craftindesertdivas.com/digi-stamp-club/?aff=104
Stencil Sorted Shapes 1: http://craftindesertdivas.com/sorted-shapes-1-stencil/?aff=104
Digi club a monthly subscription : http://craftindesertdivas.com/digi-stamp-club/?aff=104



Spectrum Noir markers and paper


No comments:

Post a Comment