Sunday 15 July 2018

First look and try of the BeCreative Whizzy inkblending tool, with video

Today I tried the BeCreative! Whizzy tool for inkblending.
I know how you all have the arm workout from Hell, especially with big adreas to inkblend.

The Whizzy tool is battery operated (not included) and has an off, low and high setting.
Without any pressure I found it applies the ink wonderfully on the paper, if you press too hard it will stop turning.
I like the high setting, I don't think it makes any difference, but I like "to get on with it" ;-)

The box only has one blending foam, but there are replacements available, either on the BeCreative website, or Hochanda, possibly elsewhere also.
There's also two brush tool, for paint and two sanding pads for fine and coarse sanding.

I've tried the same inks, and I used Distress inks on purpose as we all know how it is more difficult to blend than say Oxides, Versamagic and Memento inks I use a lot also.

I've used one of my favorite recipes: Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock feathers and Cracked Pistachio, but with only one foam it all got a bit  samey.

I've used a variety of papers, my normals cardstock Canon DCP paper , but also:  Bristol smooth, Kippers Waterart, Schut Classic water color paper, Schut hotpressed watercolor paper, Talens Ecoline printable paper, Crafter's Companion Neenah paper.
The results are the same on all watercolor and Bristol paper, much more muted than on the Canon DCP paper and the Neenah paper, but also a bit more splotchy. As with normal inkblending tools it's best to start off the paper and I forgot to do that on occasion, remember it's the first time I use this Whizzy tool, but I already love it.
I will get more foams, say one per color family and one per ink brand/kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment