Thursday 5 July 2018

I believe in you

Today I made an encouragement card, with the Karin Joan Encouraged set KJ1724. I stamped the leaves from Karin Joan Folia (KJ1723) with Memento inks onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper, I've used Bamboo leaves, Cottage ivy and Pistachio. On the same sheet I also stamped the giraffes from  Eline's animals ( Marianne Design EC0169) with My Favorite Things Hybrid black ink and  Espresso truffle for the sorts, Had my Scan N Cut so it's thing and then colored the giraffes with Spectrum Illustrator markers.

I cut a circle from some scrap paper and from the card front, aligned the scrap as a mask and inblended Distress Oxide Pistachio in the circle, the I used an array of Spray paints to splatter the circle, I thought it would give the feel of a canopy in the distance.

I arranged the leaves and then decided the sentiment needed to go in the left corner, I thought it would balance things out, but as I used this particular giraffe, I  put most of the leaves in the same corner, so I;m not sure it's well balanced in the end. I either used liquid glue, one or two layers of foamtape to put the leaves around the window. Then I used the basic shapes stencil to trace the circle, making it more interrupted than it actually is, because I felt like it ;-).


Voor de kaart van deze week, was ik alweer fanatiek begonnen met een stappen fotoplan, maar goed, ik kan beter het proces filmen, dan mis ik niets haha...


Ik ben begonnen met het stempelen van de bladeren en beesten, mijn Scan N cut deed het snijwerk/knipwerk. Daarna heb ik een circkel uit de kaart gestanst en ook uit een stuk overgebleven papier en die heb ik als maskeer vel gebruikt bij het inkblenden van de achtergrond, ik vond dat het diepte geeft en dat he top een jungle moest lijken, dus na Cracked Pistachio Oxide ink heb ik divere Distress ink en ander Spray paints gebruikte om te spetteren.

De groet van Encouraged set heb ik met Versafine onyx black gestempeld in de linker hoek.
Ik was eerst van plan alles wat meer aan de rechter kant te plakken, maar ik vond deze giraf het leukst, dus is het misschien niet meer zo uitgebalanceerd als wat ik in
gedachten had, maar nog steeds leuk!.

Ik heb het bladerdek of met lijm, of met een en twee laagjes foamtape rondom de opening geplaatst.
Daarna de zwarte "stikrand" over getrokken.
Ik heb de volgende materialen gebruikt:
Karin Joan Encouraged KJ1724 voor de groet
Karin Joan Folia KJ1723 voor de "jungle" met Memento Inkt : Cottage Ivy, Bamboo leave en Pistachio.
De kleine giraf van Eline's animals: Marianne Design EC0169
en de Basic shapes mal, maar met meer openingen alsof het grote stiksels zijn.


1 comment: