Tuesday 3 July 2018

Video Collab #5: Mermaids with The Joyful Soul Creates, with video

Today's card is a rather big one, 15cm or 6 inches, well almost 6 inches lol.
It's a video collaboration with the Joyful Soul Creates and the link to her video is down below.
I had to cut my own cardbase from a full sheet and also for the diecut panel and white one.
I have listed all the materials together below, I think it's easier to find what I've used.
I have stamped all the mermaids and critters from both sets and let the Scan N Cut do the cutting.
I also diecut the frame from black and the seaweed from green card.
For the sea background I've inkblended Versamagic and Distress Oxide inks. I didn't do any splattering, you can ofcourse, but I thought it was busy enough.
I was thinking shaker card at first, but the frame is very thin at points and I didn't know how to contain glitter if there's gaps, so I abandoned that idea.
Colored the images with my markers, I ended up using the turtle from MFT and the Mermaid from C.C. Designs.
I used Dp and Ap colors for her hair, they work well together in hair in my opinion. I haven't actually tried them on a solid  area to see how they blend then.
To make the mermaid extra shiny and glittery I dotted glitter pens on the tail. These are just cheap ones from Action a Dollar store like shop. Copic actually sells alcohol bases glitter pens if you're interested. I think Stickles might also work or glitter glue, but might be harder to apply.

I used liquid glue to attach the frame. I like that the inkblended panel is bigger, you can cut it smaller if you prefer. It's like a colorful border around all that black.
Mounted the critters with foamtape and tucked in just two of the seaweeds . I thought I had more room ;-).


Materials used:
Versamagic: Ocean Depth, Turquoise gem, Sea Breeze.
Distress Oxides: Mermaid Lagoon.
Mini Inkblending tools
C.C Designs: under the sea
My Favorite Things: Mermaizing
Jeanine's Art: JAD10038
Marianne Design: CR1406
A generic set of seaweed dies I think from Action, but not sure.
Spectrum Noir markers and Illustrator markers.
Crafter's Companion Neenah paper
My Favorite Things Hybrid black ink
Brother Scan N Cut
Collall Tacky glue in tinetip applicator
Glitterpens from Dollarstore (Action)

For the Joyful Soul Creates' video, see this.


1 comment: